Frequently Asked Questions
- When are you open?
- We are generally open Tuesdays - Saturdays, 5:30 - 9:00 PM, and Sundays 1:00 - 10:00 PM. See our calendar for show times. We are closed Mondays.
- How much seating do you have?
- Hermann's currently is operating at half capacity with 29 tables seating up to 75 guests. Our regular capacity is 150.
- Does Hermann's support local musicians?
- Hermann's is very supportive of local musicians. Our regular events host community Big Bands, High Schools plus professional and aspiring musicians at our regular Jam Sessions. As a non-profit society, all ticket sales revenue goes directly to the artists performing.
- Where can I buy CD’s by local musicians?
- Musicians often have their CD's available at their show. Some musicians also sell them on their website.
What are you doing as a business to limit the spread of Covid-19?
With an abundance of precaution, we maintain the strict safety plan created under guidelines frrom the goverrnment which we’ve maintained since put in place in 2020. We are still limiting our capacity to half (75 seats, rather than 150), with all tables physically distanced. Plexiglass barriers are installed to separate the bar from the rest of the restaurant, as well as additional plexiglass in between tables. We hope you find a safe and intimate setting when you come through our doors.
We will follow the proof of vaccination requirements for all patrons as set out by the Provincial Health Office: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
We will extend those requirements* to all staff, volunteers and musicians, effective September 30, 2021. As stated by the PHO:
Proof of single vaccination is required for entry as of September 13, 2021.
As of October 24, 2021 proof of double vaccination is required for entry.
*Alternately, Rapid testing for asymptomatic staff, volunteers or musicians who have not yet been vaccinated against COVID-19 or who choose not to disclose their vaccine status will be accepted on the following conditions:
Arts On View Society will provide a Health Canada approved rapid COVID test. This test takes about 15 minutes to report results. All persons who have not received clearance of vaccination status will have to have performed this test (or another Health Canada approved negative test result) within 96 hours of their attendance in the building.
If you have any further questions or concerns about our policies, please contact Nichola at email@example.com.
What is your policy on masks?
Our front of house staff are wearing masks at all times. Masks are now mandated in our space for audience members, unless when they are seated at their designated table.
- What is your policy on refunds?
- We do not offer refunds on purchased tickets.
- Are children allowed in the club?
- Yes, Hermann's is a licensed restaurant for all ages. Children are welcome at Hermann's.
- Can I bring my own wine?
- Yes. Must be store bought (no home brews) and given to your server immediately for corking: fee $20.
- Can I take unfinished bottles of wine home?
- Yes. Your server must cork it and if you are driving it needs to be stored out of reach of the driver.
- Is smoking permitted in the club?
- No. In 1996 The Capital Regional District (CRD) passed a bylaw restricting the smoking of cigarettes, pipes, cigars and now e-cigarettes in public places. This bylaw applies to Hermann's as it does to other clubs. Smoking is not permitted in the club.
- Who does the ticket money go to?
- As Hermann's Jazz Club is a non-profit society, all ticket sales revenue goes directly to the artists.
Is there a cover charge for live events?
- Yes. Most events have a cover charge. We occassionally have Community Nights that are free to the public.
- Do you have a dance floor?
- At this time our dancefloor is being used for seating.
Is the club wheelchair accessible?
Yes. Hermann's is at street level with a small ramp to the door. We also have an accessible washroom.
Where can I park my car?
There is parking available on the street (free after 6 PM) and in the nearby View Street Parkade (free on Sundays).
- How can I purchase a ticket to attend a live show at Hermann's?
- Visit the EVENTS/TICKETS menu for all the details on purchasing Tickets.
- Can we rent the club for a private function?
- Yes. Contact us at (250) 388-9166 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- How do I subscribe to your email list?
- Go to the Contact Us page and enter your email address in the subscribe field and hit subscribe!
- How often do you send out email to your mailing list?
- Our calendar update is sent out weekly.
- If I subscribe to your mailing list how will my e-mail address be used?
- I’m a musician. How can I book myself at Hermann’s Jazz Club?
- Contact us at (250) 388-9166 or email us at email@example.com